2 tbsps Red Onion (thinly sliced)
1/4 Yellow Potato (medium, peeled and grated)
1/4 Carrot (medium, peeled and grated)
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Cilantro (roughly chopped)
1/4 Garlic (clove, minced)
1/4 tsp Ginger (fresh, minced or grated)
1/4 tsp Curry Powder
1/16 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsps All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
1/4 tsp Coconut Oil (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the onion, potato, and carrots to a mixing bowl and season with the salt. Mix to combine. Set the mixture aside for 10 minutes to rest.
3. To the same bowl, add the cilantro, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and baking powder and mix to combine. Add the gluten-free flour and stir until a loose dough forms.
4. Form the mixture into equal-sized balls, one to two inches in diameter. Place them onto the baking sheet and gently flatten.
5. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven and lightly brush the top side with some of the coconut oil before flipping over and lightly brushing the second side with the remaining coconut oil. Return to the oven and continue baking for six to eight minutes or until browned and crispy.
6. Allow the pakoras to rest on the baking sheet for five minutes then divide between plates and enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
One serving is equal to three pakoras.
Add other dried herbs and spices to taste.
No Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
Use a combination of chickpea and brown rice flour or wheat flour instead.
No Curry Powder
Use a combination of turmeric, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper instead.
Serve it With
Spicy cilantro chutney, tamarind chutney, or a yogurt-based sauce for dipping.
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 341mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg