1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
3 tbsps Water
1/4 cup Chickpea Flour
1/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
1 1/2 tsps Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or water)
2 tbsps Dark Chocolate Chips
3/4 tsp Coconut Oil
1. Combine the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the chickpea flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
3. Add the almond milk and flax mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Heat coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon the batter into the pan in 1/4 cup portions. Cook pancakes for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
5. Plate the pancakes and enjoy!
This recipe was developed and tested using a plant-based protein powder. If using another type of protein powder, results may vary.
Make the pancake batter in a blender.
Maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, granola, seeds or nuts.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven, toaster oven or in a skillet.
No Chickpea Flour
Try oat flour instead. Results may vary.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 866mg
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 4mg