1/8 Eggplant (large, cut into 1/2-inch fries)
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/16 tsp Sea Salt
2 2/3 tbsps Cornmeal
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the eggplant fries to a mixing bowl and toss with the oil and salt until well coated.
3. Whisk the egg in a small or shallow bowl. Place the cornmeal on a plate or in a second shallow bowl.
4. A few fries at a time, dip the eggplant in the egg, and shake off any excess. Then dip the egg-coated eggplant in the cornmeal to evenly coat all sides. Shake off any excess cornmeal and place the fries on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the eggplant is used up. Discard any excess egg or cornmeal.
5. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the fries are golden brown and very crispy. Season with additional salt if needed and enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Reheat in the oven until warmed through.
Season the cornmeal with dried herbs and spices, like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or dried oregano.
Serve it With
Warmed marinara sauce, tzatziki, aioli, or ketchup for dipping.
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg