1 cup Mushrooms (coarsely chopped)
1/3 cup Chickpeas (cooked, drained and patted dry)
1 Garlic (clove, chopped finely)
1/16 oz Thyme Sprigs (whole)
1 1/3 tbsps Water
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
2/3 cup Vegetable Broth (divided, plus extra if needed)
2 2/3 tbsps Cornmeal
2/3 cup Baby Kale
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the mushrooms, chickpeas, garlic, thyme, and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the cornmeal, stirring constantly for two minutes, until thickened.
4. Stir in the kale until it becomes wilted, about two minutes. If the polenta thickens too much, thin with additional broth or water.
5. Divide the polenta evenly between plates. Top with the mushrooms and chickpeas and enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
One serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
Add parmesan cheese, sea salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and/or chili flakes to the polenta. Use part milk, part water instead of broth.
Top with chopped parsley, basil and/or chives. Top basil or tomato pesto.
Use white beans or lentils instead.
No Baby Kale
Use spinach, collard greens, swiss chard, or regular kale instead.
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 463mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 0mg