1/2 Russet Potato (large, peeled)
1/8 Yellow Onion
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 tsps All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
1/4 Egg (whisked)
1 tbsp Avocado Oil (for frying)
1. Carefully grate the potato and onion with a box grater (or use the grater blade of a food processor). In batches, transfer the grated potato and onion to a clean kitchen towel or piece of cheesecloth. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the grated vegetables.
2. Transfer the dry potatoes and onions to a mixing bowl and add the salt, flour, and egg. Mix well until combined. Allow the potato mixture to rest for five to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat half of the oil in a cast-iron pan (or another heavy frying pan) over medium heat.
4. Stir the potato mixture well before dropping spoonfuls (approximately two to three tablespoons) of the potato mixture into the pan (do not overcrowd the pan). Use a spoon to flatten the potato mixture into flat patties, approximately three-inches in diameter.
5. Cook for three to five minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer cooked latkes to a plate lined with a paper towel and season with additional salt if needed.
6. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture adding more oil to the pan as needed. Enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat in a dry pan or enjoy cold.
One serving is equal to three latkes.
Add fresh garlic or garlic powder.
Serve with apple sauce, sour cream or other condiments, like ketchup, for dipping.
No Avocado Oil
Use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil instead.
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 473mg
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 47mg