1/2 Red Bell Pepper (large, chopped)
1 1/2 Tomato (medium, whole)
1 1/2 Garlic (cloves, large, left in the skin)
1 1/2 tsps Water
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
3 ozs Chickpea Pasta
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
2 tbsps Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
2. Add the red pepper, tomatoes, and garlic cloves to a baking sheet. Add water and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
4. Once the vegetables have finished baking, remove the garlic cloves from their skins and transfer everything to a blender. Add red pepper flakes and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Combine the pasta with the sauce and mix until well-coated. Top with parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze for up to three months.
One serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
Top with parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 167mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 0mg