Saffron Salmon Kabobs
- Total Time: 20 minutes
1/8 tsp Saffron (ground)
5 ozs Salmon Fillet (skinless, cut into cubes)
1/2 Zucchini (small, sliced length-wise)
1/2 Lime (juiced, divided)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
2 Barbecue Skewers
2 1/4 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
2 tbsps Cilantro (leaves only, chopped)
1 1/2 tsps Mint Leaves (chopped)
1/2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
1. Add the ground saffron to a medium bowl. Add a splash of boiling water and let the saffron bloom for two minutes.
2. Add the salmon cubes, zucchini, 1/2 of the lime and 1/2 of the salt to the bowl with the bloomed saffron. Stir and mix well. Thread the salmon and zucchini onto the skewers.
3. Heat 1/3 of the oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the skewers to the skillet and cook for four to six minutes per side until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, add the cilantro, mint, garlic, remaining lime juice, salt, and oil to a bowl. Stir to combine.
5. Divide the skewers between serving plates. Spoon the herb mixture on top and enjoy!
Refrigerate the herb mixture and the skewers in separate containers for up to three days.
One serving is equal to two 10-inch skewers.
Add red onion to the skewers.
Alternative Cooking Methods
Grill or bake the skewers instead. Be sure to soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling or baking.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 662mg
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
You must be logged in to post a comment.