2 tsps Egg Whites (resting at room temperature
for at least 30 minutes)
1 1/3 tbsps Cane Sugar
1/16 tsp Arrowroot Powder
1/16 tsp Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract (divided)
2 2/3 tbsps Frozen Strawberries (sliced)
1/2 tsp Water
1. Preheat the oven to 225ºF (107ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the egg whites and sugar in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites on high until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl combine the arrowroot powder, lemon juice and half of the vanilla. With the mixer on low, pour the arrowroot mixture into the egg whites then adjust the speed to high for 2 to 3 minutes more until the egg whites are glossy.
4. Gently transfer the egg whites to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a flat circle approximately 1-inch tall. Bake until the outside is firm to the touch, about 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the oven door ajar. Allow the pavlova to cool in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until cool enough to handle. Let cool completely at room temperature before serving.
5. Meanwhile, add the strawberries, water and remaining vanilla to a pot over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil and allow strawberries to bubble for 8 to 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool.
6. To serve, slice the pavlova into wedges and top with the strawberry sauce. Enjoy!
Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. For best results consume the same day. Keep pavlova and strawberry sauce separate until just before serving.
Whipped cream and fresh berries.
Use another berry instead.
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg